Thursday, December 11, 2014

Juliet's Little Secret

If I have a chance to change the ending of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, I would change it like this:

The night before Paris and Juliet's wedding, Juliet go to her parents' room to tell that she's already married to Romeo. Before she knock, she heard her mother and father talking, Juliet listen to their conversation.
"Oh dear! Don't you think our Juliet's too young to be married?", her mother said.
"But I married you when your a little younger that our Juliet. It's okay my dear! And besides, Paris is such a kind man!", Capulet said.
"Okay my dear, but, can we tell this to the Montagues? ", Lady Capulet said.
" Why must we tell them?! They are now not Juliet's family!" Capulet said.
"But the Montagues are still Juliet's parents! They must know this. And, I think it's now time to end our feud with them. After all, we're the one who start this." Lady Capulet said.
"If you could just give birth! This would never happen!", Capulet cried.
"Isn't it you who order Nurse to get the Montague's new born baby?", Lady Capulet said.
"I just do it because ---"
"Mother! Father! Do I hear it all correctly ?", Juliet cried
"Oh my! My Juliet! I'm sorry my dear! ", Lady Capulet said
"Oh mother, father! I'm not a Capulet, but a Montague. How could you do that to the Montagues?!", Juliet cried.
"Juliet, oh Juliet! We don't mean to get you! I'm just jealous that the Montagues have two children while I can't give birth!", Lady Capulet cried.
"Juliet, if you could please listen, I'll tell you the whole story", Capulet calmly said.
"Before you were born, we're good friends with the Montagues. We're good friends that even Romeo, their first child, was one of my godchild. When Lady Montague became pregnant again, that's when we learn that my wife can't give birth. We were so jealous! We want to have a child but we can't! And then, an idea come up to my mind. We hire a nurse to do my plan. The nurse steal the newborn baby when Lady Montague was sleeping. The Montagues were weeping for the lost of their baby, while we were so happy to have a child! The feud starts when a Montague servant told his masters that he saw a woman who steal the baby go to the Capulets' house. The Montagues accuse us. We leave Verona and went back here when you're 3 years old. And as you can see, the feud is still not over. " Capulet said.
"Father, I have a bigger news that would sure shock you!" Juliet said.
"What is it dear Juliet?", Lady Capulet said.
" I am married, with Romeo." Juliet said.
"What? Oh honey! the Montagues should really know this." Capulet said.

The three of them went to the Montagues house. The servants let them enter. Lady Capulet and Capulet told the Montagues about the real identity of Juliet and also told them that she is married with Romeo. Lady Montague ordered a servant to tell Romeo to go back to Verona. Both families agreed to have a formal marriage for Romeo and Juliet.

Romeo and Juliet live peacefully in Verona after their marriage. Paris, though broken hearted, finds another love to Rosaline, whom break her vow to be virgin forever. Romeo still don't know that his long lost sister was his wife until his last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment